National Scholarship Schemes
The scholarship scheme was launched during the year 2006-07. Under this scheme during the Financial Year 2014-15 a total number of 986 blind students got the scholarship to the tune of Rs. 4482900/-. So far since the launching of scheme a total number of 5816 blind student have been sanctioned scholarship worth rupees 29559900/-.
Eligibility criteria :-
- The student applicant should have obtained minimum 50% marks in the qualifying examination and there should be no break.
- 2. Scholarship shall be given to those who are pursuing Graduation, Post Graduation, B.Ed., B.T.C and Special Teacher Training course for the blind.
- The amount of scholarship shall be Rupees 1000/- P.M. and will be decreased in purportion to the amount of scholarship being given by the State Governments.
- The scholarship application should be recommended by the President/General Secretaries of Branches Affiliates and Units. But where there is no Branch/Affiliate/Unit it may be recommended by the Zonal Vice President and Secretary.
- No Scholarship Shall be given for pursuing PHD